Agency Overview & Open Positions
Opus is a B-Corp certified brand strategy and creative services agency partnering with inspiring clients all over the world. While we spend a lot of our time in Education, Non-Profit, and Food & Beverage, we serve well-intentioned organizations of all different sizes across many industries. We embrace our clients’ goals as our guide to ensure that everything we create for each client is both aesthetically exceptional and strategically effective.
Opus is an equal opportunity employer. Opus celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Opus values creativity, curiosity, caring, collaboration, commitment, and productivity, and is dedicated to the ongoing development of every team member.
Digital Project Manager & Producer
- Report to: UX & Digital Director
- Location: Boston, MA
25 pre-scheduled days per year in-person, remote, or in-person option otherwise
- Position type: Full-time employee
- Work experience: 3-7 years in website production and/or digital project management
(agency experience is preferred)
- Education: 4-year undergraduate degree preferred
The Digital Project Manager & Producer is critical in ensuring Opus consistently exceeds client expectations for delivering strategically effective and beautifully designed websites on time and on budget. The Digital Project Manager & Producer develops and maintains detailed project plans, simultaneously coordinates all aspects of multiple projects from inception to delivery, and manages clear communication with clients, vendors, and internal team members throughout. Success depends on exceptional client service, confidence in navigating change and ambiguity, obsessing over details, aligning individuals, and fully embracing an optimistic problem-solving mindset. The Digital Project Manager & Producer is also responsible for understanding our clients’ organizations and objectives well enough to anticipate new value creation opportunities that will expand and strengthen our partnerships.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Translate specific website design and development objectives and expectations into clear and actionable project plans and resource assignments.
- Coordinate all aspects of website projects to ensure timely delivery, on plan, and on budget.
- Align and regularly check in with cross-functional team members about progress in order to help remove obstacles and provide support resources that may be necessary.
- Schedule & facilitate handoff meetings between project phases to ensure efficient and effective transitions.
- Maintain regular and productive communications with all relevant client stakeholders, conduct regular client meetings, and ensure they are always well informed.
- Help establish priorities and resolve resource constraint issues.
- Manage project scope and, if necessary, identify solutions for any changes and ensure internal and external agreement and alignment with new schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Uphold digital standards and best practices and continually seek opportunities for improvement.
- Build and strengthen trusting relationships with clients, vendors, and internal team members.
- Draft website technical & functional specifications and coordinate with development and client teams
- Conduct and manage website quality assurance testing.
- Prepare and deliver training for client website administrators.
- Additional project-based support as needed.
Skills & Exprience
- 3 – 7 years of experience in website production and/or digital project management. Digital agency experience is preferred.
- Digital native with technical proficiency in website development, including a baseline understanding of best practices in UX, visual design, development, quality assurance, and code reviews.
- Practical understanding of project management best practices.
- Thoughtful coordination of all aspects of a project as well as any changes in direction, priority, schedules, and scope.
- Resource, personnel, and vendor planning and management.
- Able to distill and simplify complex technical objectives and requests.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively in guiding cross-functional creative and development teams.
- Managed multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Well organized with obsessive attention to detail.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate under tight deadlines.
- Strong listening and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to consistently exceed client expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Optimistic problem solver and analytical solution seeker.
- Ability to understand technical challenges, limitations and communicate, translate effectively between client, development, and creative teams.
- Ability to conduct in-depth quality assurance on creative materials and technology functionality.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Skadi Gidionsen.