All of us at Opus Design would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season & prosperous New Year! 2012 was a great year full of changes, risk, opportunity, new awesome clients, and lots of learning. Here are some highlights:
- New Studio! We moved to Brighton in April and are loving our new office space in Cleveland Circle with parking 🙂
- Lily became the President of the National Association of Professional Women Boston Chapter.
- First full-time employee, hired Miss Ellery.
- We attended the HOW Design Live conference in Boston (more than we expected).
- Youth Design: Opus joined non-profit YD as a sponsoring mentor to high school students. This summer we hosted the multi-talented Aaron Clanton from Boston Arts Academy. It was a great learning experience for all of us as we shared our studio & design approach.
- Graphic Design Junior Reviews at MassArt: Julia had the opportunity to critique graphic design students at their final review for the semester.
- Opus Design business cards were featured on MOO
- The best tart frozen yogurt at Chill, 15 steps from the office.
- We had a wonderful presscheck (Massart Annual Report) at Universal Wilde.
- One of our logo designs was sent out into space.
- We were a “small business of the year” finalist in the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce.
- oh, and we started the blog.
Not without some bumps in the road, and plenty of nights and weekends, 2012 was simply a great year. When we take the time to look back we see great websites, cool clients, logo projects and other outward signs of accomplishment. But the truly awesome JOY at Opus is the 300 days of our work together, as fun (but serious) designers. We are very lucky.
Happy New Year!